Hola

Well, after a VERY early flight in the small hours of Saturday morning, we spent a lovely day yesterday exploring the city and getting to know the other teachers joining us. The sun shone and we enjoyed a typical spanish lunch on the port before meeting our tutors in the evening and having an early night ready to learn some Spanish!

Today we were up early for a morning of Spanish classes. Suffice to say, we both felt a bit nervous speaking in front of lots of people and were thrown straight in the deep end by only being allowed to speak in Spanish! We had lots of fun learning lots of different phrases and fun activities to bring back and show everyone when we’re home. Miss Nicholson even lost a game of Spanish truth or dare which resulted in her having to flamenco dance, much to Miss Kelly’s delight!

This afternoon was a little wet and miserable, so we went to explore a castillo (castle) right up in the mountains which had wonderful views of the whole of Malaga, and even some of Gilbraltar. We got to practise some of the Spanish we learnt in class when asking for directions to a restaurant to order our paella!

Tonight we are off to practise some more Spainish with our tutors and the other teachers. Tomorrow we have a full day of hard work where we will learn even more Spanish before going to learn how to flamenco dance!

Here are a few pictures of our first couple of days 🙂

Miss Kelly and Miss Nicholson

Comments

Hola — 12 Comments

1. I am so pleased that you both arrived there safely. I think I would be nervous too, at the thought of only being allowed to speak in Spanish! How on earth did Miss Nicholson understand that she had to do a dance? Now I am wondering what the truth or dare was!

Can’t wait to hear more of your tales and see more of your photographs.
    Mrs Stott

2. Good luck Miss Kelly and Miss Nicholson! Looking forward to hearing all your Spanish and seeing your new Spanish dancing! What an exciting adventure!

Whatever next?!

Miss Bell

3. Wow Miss Nicholson & Miss Kelly it looks like you are having fun already.
    I wish that I was there with you. By the way is Albet having fun to?